Tensorgrip F20 has been developed to provide very fast tack times for all upholstery, foam and carpet contact bonding situations. Its high solids and pressure sensitive adhesive technology, makes this product highly suited for all types of production processes.
It is designed to give a long open time and high tack level with good strength for general bond applications. (Not recommended for decorative high pressure laminate applications subjected to high temperatures).
- Good tack
- Good room temperature contact bonds
- Good green strength and good heat resistance
- Fast drying with long open time
- Good bond adhesion for a variety of materials
- Including decorative purposes, soft fabric, leather, most hard plastic, insulation quilt and slab, carpet to most porous & non-porous substrates, e.g. plywood, MDF, chipboard, sheet
- Portable and convenient
- Use only in well ventilated areas
- Do Not thin or reactivate with solvents
- Do Not incinerate
- Do Not expose to extreme heat over 50°C
- Keep away from sources of ignition
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose
- Test for suitability before use
- MSDS and Technical Date Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in
the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent. These products are for industrial use only.
TensorGrip F20 Directions For Use
- This product is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- Use with adequate ventilation. When possible
we recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
- Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates. Spray about 10-20 cm away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or TensorGrip S105 acetone cleaner. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
TensorGrip F20 Canister Storage / Change Over
- If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spray gun.
- To change or disconnect canister: turn canister valve to the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
- NOTE: For applications above head height a perimeter bead of construction adhesive, such as TensorBond ACA, must be used in conjunction with this product.
- Not reccommended for use with plasticised vinyl substrates.
TensorGrip F20 Kick Off Kit
TensorGrip Kick Off Kits are available for first time customers only. An example of the supplied kit is shown within the image gallery above. Only first time customers are eligible to receive a one off FREE kit. As soon as your online order has been placed your details will be cross referenced with our database of existing registrants. Once validated a free kit will be supplied with your Canister or Jumbo order of TensorGrip F20 Kick Off Kits are also available to purchase separately via our online store.