TensorGrip X40 is Suitable For Acoustic Panels, Fabric & Carpet
TensorGrip X40 Acoustic Panel Spray Adhesive
TensorGrip X40 is the industry standard for all types of Acoustic Panel Installations. Specially formulated for woven polyester acoustic products, X40 has become the acoustic panel adhesive that professional installers trust.
TensorGrip X40 has been developed alongside innovative leaders of the acoustic industry. X40 is the ultimate contact adhesive for Autex Quietspace Panels, Cube Panels and Acoustic Fabric. Ordio Adhesives only recommends TensorGrip X40 Acoustic Spray for any domestic or commercial sized application.
X40 can also be used for more rigid pinboard fabrics such as Quietspace Symphony and Composition. It can also be used for other common wall lining velcro hook & loop material known as Vertiface. The key advantage of X40 is the fast drying, high tac performance of which is critical for any acoustic material ranging from 10mm fabric right through to 100mm panels.
TensorGrip X40 Key Features
- Non-Flammable Adhesive
- Low VOC
- Excellent High Coverage
- 80% of Final Strength achieved immediately
- Long open time
- Full strength achieved in 24 hours
- Fast drying
- Strong bond
- High tack
- High (105°C) heat resistant
- Low Odour
- Low Atomisation limiting overspray
Directions For Use
TensorGrip X40 Directions For Use
- X40 is designed to be applied to both surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust,
oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- Use TensorGrip X40 with adequate ventilation. We recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
- Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates.
- Spray about 10-20 cm away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for TensorGrip X40 adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or TensorGrip® C101 citrus cleaner. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
- NOTE: For applications above head height a perimeter bead of construction adhesive, such as TensorBond ACA, must be used in conjunction with this product.
- Not reccommended for use with plasticised vinyl substrates.
Kick Off Kit T&C’s
TensorGrip X40 Kick Off Kit T&C’s
All first time customers who purchase a canister of TensorGrip X40 are eligible to receive a free Kick Off Kit. The details you provide us upon your initial online order are registered and cross referenced with our database of existing Kick Off Kit registrants.
Customers who have previously received a free kit are no longer eligible to receive a free kit. If you require a replacement kit, they can be purchased separately from our online store.
Note that Kick off Kits are not supplied with Aerosol products, installation and preparation tools, single accessory products or replacement tips.
Kick Off Kit Includes:
- Spray Gun
- Spray Hose
- Adjustable Spanner
- 75mm Laminate Roller
- Canister Wrench